|I did not create this app, a company called PocketWings, LLC did. Here is a link to them, but as of 02JUN16 it was just an abandoned shell; it looks like everything has been purged.|
|15JUN16. NEW VERSION. I have been ignoring my App Store notifications and so was unaware of the big update back in May. An even newer update is available as of 2 days ago. From what I can tell, here are the significant changes as I have experienced them:|
13 total new planes. (Description page says 19 new planes; no clue where to find the other 6.)
The classic 5 are free, and today the McDonnell XF-85 Goblin was free. Here are the rest of the new planes, in the order they appear in the selection menu after the C-130 (in-app prices are listed, but after I bought the Eclipse the other prices were 5¢ lower):
- Bombardier 415 Superscooper, fire-fighter!(99¢)
- Extra EA300S. (99¢)
- Pitts S-2C. (99¢)
- Mitsubishi A6M2 Type 0 M21, yep, that's a Zero! ($1.99)
- Vought F4U-10 Corsair, no introduction necessary. ($1.99)
- Berkut 360, light, experimental, canard stabilizer. (99¢)
- Lockheed P-38F Lightning, no introduction necessary. ($1.99)
- Eclipse 550, small business jet. (99¢)
- Short SC.7 Skyvan, Irish-made cargo plane. (99¢)
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG15, one of the very first swept-wing jets. ($2.99)
- Grumman OV-1D Mohawk ($1.99)
- McDonnell XF-85 Goblin, very small single-seat jet dropped from a B-36 bomber. Only 2 prototypes were made. (Not sure of price, I got it free 6/15/16)
- Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a. ($1.99)
No more bridge paint-jobs.
I flew the Sopwith Camel under the bridge and got no new paint job. You can select the alternate paint jobs when you select the plane now.
- New airspeed indicator is almost too small on my iPhone to be read, but I bet it looks good on an iPad!
- Brakes. No more long rollouts.
- Cockpit view in the Hellcat. (Don't know if any others have it, though I only have the classic 5 and the Goblin. I'd be surprised if the other fighters didn't have it.)
Will comment more as I learn more.
|DC-3 / C-47||95.01||28.96|
|VERY COOL: This DO OVER option is INFINITELY HANDY. Say you want to try a difficult maneuver (flying under a bridge, say) and you crash during the attempt. Simply touch the screen to stop, tap REWIND a few times, and give it another shot by tapping the FLY button! And when you fail again :-) do it over again! And again after that. Seriously, this DO OVER ability is one of the cooler things about Pocket Wings!|